Wednesday, 27 June 2007

In Law Dinner Part 2: Pilaf

So what did I do for the big in-law dinner? Well I cheated with the whole meat part.....I got some marinated chicken from one of my favourite butchers, along with some of his tasty sausages, and some plain old lamb leg steaks, all of which GKGK barbecued!! I also did my standard pilaf - which is perfect for GKGK's Dad who is gluten intolerant. Everyone who has had this pilaf loves it (it's probably not a proper pilaf, but I'm sticking with the name!)

Pilaf
Serves 2: ( as a decent sized accompaniment)

1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup stock
Handful currants
Handful slivered almonds, toasted (you can toast them while the rice is cooking)
Handful baby spinach leaves.

Put the rice and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Turn off the heat. Leave with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix through. Replace lid and leave until spinach has wilted (approx 2 minutes).

Eat!

No comments: