Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Taylors Patisserie has opened!

Taylors Patisserie has opened! It actually opened last week, but I have been slack and haven’t posted. On their first day we tried the stuff in the photo: a nienish tart, a berry almondine and a Portuguese custard tart. All were excellent! Since then, we have also had a mini face cake, a pineapple tart, a donut and a croissant. (That’s actually a scary list when you consider the place has only been open 8 days! I promise I don’t usually eat that many cakes – it’s just cause it’s new and I have to try it out!)

While the nienish tart’s success was very close to my heart, today was the biggest test of all – the sponge cake. David’s Cakes make the very best sponge cakes, so it was going to be a massive challenge for Taylors to live up to that standard. I bought a passionfruit sponge today, to share with some friends. I had all my fingers and toes crossed, hoping it was going to reach those same lofty heights. And the verdict………..

10/10!!! Everyone loved it! I am never attempting sponge ever again! I have a 7-day-a-week supply 500 metres from my front door. Wooohoooo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guy
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1