Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Sausage Rolls



Look at that! A pile of golden crunchy taste sensations!!!

If there was only one item of food people knew me for, it would be these sausage rolls. My mum got the recipe out of some (forgotten) cookbook many years ago, and after some tweaking then, we have made them again and again and again. Over the past 10 or 15 years, we have probably made 5000 individual sausage rolls. They are that good!

Husbands, fathers and brothers have harassed us for bigger ones, (or have even tried to make them themselves (scoff!)), but they are just not as good. This size gives the perfect balance of pastry to filling.

And the very best part is that they freeze beautifully, so mum and I, as we have done so many times before, had a sausage roll day last week. We whipped up about 150 of them in preparation for Christmas, plus or minus the 20 or 30 I gobbled down for lunch!

Now I COULD give you the recipe for these golden treasures, but, I am not going to! This post is a very special post dedicated to my brother-in-law - DirtySOD. He has been harassing me for the last 6 months for some of these tasty morsels. I have given him 3 warnings, but he has continued to whinge and whine like a 3 year old (I can make this comparison from direct experience), so this photo is as close as he is going to get to these PERFECT CREATIONS!!!

So unfortunately, because of his carryon, the rest of you have to miss out on the recipe, because otherwise he could go and make them himself!

1 comment:

peace said...

Very unlikely that dirtySOD would ever attempt to make the sausage rolls. His specialty is meat pies heated up in the microwave with baked beans on the side.